Monday, May 6, 2019

New Collage Pins

As you could tell from my previous post, I had a lot of fun making a variety of design sheets and working on Lindly Haunani's collage pins.  Once I got home, I was still itching to make more collage pins using some of the sheets I'd made, as well as adding some new ones to the mix. The first pin I made was this one in oranges and pinks.
I was much more angular in my cuts than Lindly had been, and I like the fact that this pin seems to be able to be worn in more than one direction.  You can see tiny white flecks on this pin.  They come from the embossing powder I added to the white polymer that was used in the process of creating the design sheets.  It adds such a neat effect!









Next, I decided to make a very angular, rather vertical design.  These last 2 photos show the results of this experiment.  I like the strips of black separating the fields of color - a very definite contrast.  Once again, I am struck at how much color harmony is evident amongst the different patterns.  These are great examples of the thought process behind the techniques Lindly has developed.  I feel fortunate to be able to take classes with her.



No comments:

Post a Comment