Sunday, January 5, 2014

When Crackle Shines

It's amazing what you can do with polymer and a few simple supplies.  This Friday, the Westerly Artist's Cooperative will be featuring demonstrations of various artists creating their work.  I'm one of the demonstrators, and I'm looking forward to the experience.  It's always fun to watch peoples' faces as I manipulate the polymer and something transpires which surprises and captivates the audience.


One of the techniques I'll demonstrate is how to create a crackle effect using polymer, composite gold and silver leaf, and alcohol inks. The sheets I create can be easily cut, baked, and finished with a layer of resin to protect the materials and add depth and shine.  Here are a few examples which demonstrate how pretty this simple technique can be.



No comments:

Post a Comment