Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Polymer Druzy

As mentioned in my last post, I've been experimenting with other rock forms.  I like things that sparkle, and am fascinated by druzy stones.  There are several variations, including those that are enhanced through chemical treatments. I decided to see what I could come up with in simple druzy-like stones. The pieces I've made I think of as "natural" druzy - more understated than some of the pieces I've seen commercially available.

The piece above is my largest - and favorite.  Everything just came together - the striations in the stone, the crystalline effect, and just enough sparkle.

Below is a photo of several other pieces I made.  These are smaller and conducive, I think, to use in jewelry.  I love the color options we have with polymer.

No comments:

Post a Comment