Sunday, September 16, 2018

"Oriental" Bead Necklace

I've continued to work with the stone-look technique that Laura Blakely showed me at Clay Connections.  One of the things she had done was to make some sweet round beads - so I had to try to make some of my own.  I think the design on these beads, along with the colors, really makes them look a bit like little lantern beads from the Orient.  The black glass druks in between the large polymer beads contribute to that image.


To the right is a view of the whole necklace. This necklace has a magnetic closure.  I've been using this type of clasp more and more.  It's much easier for people to use, especially when they are putting the necklace on themselves, and it reduces the amount of bulk at the back of the neck that larger clasps can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment