Wednesday, May 15, 2019

ACGOW June Show Theme

Next month at the Westerly Gallery, I am one of two featured artists.   For June, the theme is "Scene From a Train:  Fleeting Moments."  As I looked for inspiration for my pieces to fit the theme, I remembered annual family trips taken from California to points all over the West and across the Midwest.  Although we traveled by car, the view out the windows was quite similar to those we would have glimpsed from the freight trains we saw as they traveled, paralleling our road.
I can recall mile after mile of fields filled with crops.  Some of the crops, like corn, were planted in straight rows, making stripes on the landscape. Others, such as beans, were bushy, blurring the lines between the plants.  There were fields of flowers abloom with amazing colors, and pastureland dotted with animals.  In the mountains, there were indistinct landscapes that still retained different colors and textures at each layer.  

For this show, I have created several different polymer design sheets that reflect the images I recall.  Some of those sheets are evident in the pins I showed here in recent blog posts.  Today, I'm going to share some earrings that also fit the theme.  Most of these pieces have a high gloss finish. The first photo shows a landscape in the distance, with distinct colors melding.

 The purple and the copper and black pairs represent plowed furrows.  The purple is a field in bloom, while the earth tones are from a field awaiting planting.



The purple and pink pair is again a landscape, blurred from the speed of the passer-by.  Finally, the black and silver set has an ordered row appearance, in a more elegant approach.




No comments:

Post a Comment