Saturday, March 21, 2020

A Couple More Concave Ideas

I realized I didn't post a couple of photos from the pieces I was making when I was experimenting with the concave concept.  So, here are some earrings and some pins along the concave theme.

For the pins, the background piece is textured to provide both contrast and interest to the pieces.  I used different techniques for each of the concave rectangles.  The blue one is an ikat stack, the brown one from a mokume gane sheet, and the gold and cayene pin was made using the imbedded lace mokume gane technique I talked about in my last post.  It's amazing how different - yet the same - the pieces look using different techniques for the curved section.
These earrings have a really long dangling wire holding the 2 concave pieces at the bottom.  I also embellished with crystal rounds and gold-filled beads to add some interest.  You can't see it in the photo, but the inside of the curved pieces has designs from canes or stacks.



No comments:

Post a Comment