Sunday, September 13, 2020

Making A "Bubble" Cane

Hello! In addition to the bi-monthly challenge group, the group that made the polymer cane has decided to keep picking a cane to make, and then sharing their results.  So for September, they chose a pattern called a "Bubble Cane" and I decided to give it a try. The "bubbles" are the little bullseye canes along the side of what tends to look like a leaf.  Everyone had chosen different colors, and the results were fun to see. Above, I've posted a slice from my cane, and a couple of little flower pieces I made from the cane reduced smaller.


I also made a pod bead from multiple layers of the cane, complete with a small piece of twisting vine.  This was really a rather simple cane to put together, and many of us who made it felt the middle section needed something more.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment