Sunday, February 9, 2014

Folds

Recently, I ran across Enlightened Polymer Clay, a book dealing with lots of "nature inspired" shapes.  There was one piece that had several folds in the clay, and it made me think of the time when bills and other "official" communication would be printed with the message: "Do not mutilate, fold or spindle." However, those may just be perfect things to try to do with polymer!  Needless to say, I had to give folding polymer a try.  This is my first attempt and I rather like the effect. The Ikat cane I used seemed particularly appropriate. I hope to get back to more experimentation soon.

You'll notice this is a very short post.  I'm heading off early Tuesday am for Laurel, MD and Cabin Fever Clay Festival 2014, and still have tons of prep work and packing to do.  As always, I'm looking forward to the experience.  It's such a great opportunity to learn, share, play with clay, and soak up ideas.  Obviously, the blog will be quiet for a while. I'll try to catch up some when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment