The yellow/orange/gold pendant above was the first piece I made using this technique. The liquid polymer gave the deeply textured areas with the darker color a lot of shine. I used Preserve Your Memories 2 to add a sealing coat over the whole surface. The shine is nice and looks like ceramic work with a high gloss glaze.
This next green/gold/yellow set shows an interesting phenomenon that happened using the alcohol inks. When adding alcohol inks to liquid polymer, it's usually a good idea to let the inks dry before mixing them into the liquid. You can see what the color will actually look like when the alcohol evaporates. For some reason, particularly with the colors I was using for this next set of pieces, the color from the inks dried in little dots which remained even after stirring and subsequent baking. The overall effect is of speckles, like some special pottery glazes and finishes. What a happy "accident." The same thing happened a bit with the purple set below. I'm not sure if this is a result of the age of the inks, the viscosity of the liquid polymer or some other factor. I'll have to see if I can replicate it in the future.
This "sun-set" on the left was finished in the same manner with the PYM2 sprayed over the liquid polymer glaze. These pieces are particularly shiny, in contrast with the green set above that has a more subtle finish.
Speaking of finishes...of course I had to give resin a try. The rest of the photos show resin added to the surface after baking. No PYM2 was used, just the liquid polymer and resin. As usual, the resin gives the finished product some depth and extra shine.