Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Another Segmented Necklace

As you've no doubt noticed in a few of my recent posts, I've been trying out some necklace styles that are different from my usual pendants and chains.  The teal, green & yellow segmented necklace was my first foray into this type of piece. I decided to try something using larger - and fewer - segments.

Today's piece is made from a mokume gane sheet in navy, white and fuschia.  The color combination pops, and the little calla lily in the middle echos the theme.  This necklace lays at the throat and across the collar bones so I gave the 2 segments some curve during the baking process.

Oh,  yes....I found a couple more tiny bottle shapes, and had to wrap them in  vines and flowers. The round bottle with the pink flowers is a little larger than the other tiny bottles I've used.  I particularly like the ability to see through to the design on the other side. These photos show the front and back of the same bottle.  You can see how the size and shape make for added interest.

Here's another tinier cutie. 



5 comments:

  1. I'm new to clay and love seeing how folks use it to make things. These are cute.

    Ramona
    Crystal Springs, MS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to clay and love seeing how folks use it to make things. These are cute.

    Ramona
    Crystal Springs, MS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kristie,
    This earring's art is really looking so beautiful. I am looking for some birthday gift ideas for my sister on jewelry. And I think she may like the first earrings that shown in the past as she loves art based jewelry. Already purchased a necklace from online. Good work Kristie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow nice Necklaces. Necklaces are a unique and reasonable way to look good and gorgeous. Last month my Sister purchased a Stainless Steel Necklaces from ZuoBiSiJewelry online shopping Jewelry Wholesaler with affordable prices. Thank you for sharing with us. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, nicely designed necklace shown here. Bracelets, rings and necklaces are a wide variety of choices when it comes to enhancing our outfits. normally silver necklace makes a man stand out because it is one of the most common accessories amongst the male population. Thanks a lot for sharing and keep blogging like this post.

    ReplyDelete