Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Reversible Necklace

Here is another piece made from the "labradorite" technique that I keep modifying.  I've tried different colors for the base as well as for the streaks of color that criss-cross about the the surface. You'll be seeing more pieces and more experiments in more posts over the next few weeks.


I am particularly pleased with the piece I'm posting here today. This is a reversible necklace. Both sides have very different looks and colors, yet the fire-polish crystals I found manage to compliment both.  The necklace has a nice shine, not too glossy, but not matte, either.  I added magnetic closures for ease of use.
The blue set below is not reversible, but it is made from another stack sheet of the labradorite look, and so I decided to post it here for fun and contrast. One of the colors I used had some silver glitter, so this set has a special sparkle that doesn't seem to show up in the photo as much as it does in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment