Saturday, October 13, 2018

Teardrop Necklace

I obviously am enjoying playing with this stone-look technique.  Even when the colors I'm using may be a tad unusual for  most stones you might see on a walk, I'm pretty sure that somewhere - perhaps on a beach, deep under the ground, or in a cave - these colors, or something close, do exist in nature. Here is one of my latest pieces, using 2 sizes of tear drop cutters. This close-up gives you a good idea of how the striations in the "stone" look, and how the colors blend and swirl.

I used plastic wrap when cutting to get the slightly rounded dome on each piece, and finished with Kato transparent liquid clay which I baked and then set by heat gun to create the extra depth and shine. You'll be seeing more pieces made with this stone-look idea.  I'm working on a reversible set and can't wait to see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment