Saturday, February 16, 2019

Just a Few More Heart Pendants

Okay, so you've seen several hearts from me over the past week or so.  This is the last installment (at least for this February) of heart-shaped pendants.  A couple of the ones in this batch are special favorites of mine.

This purple, teal and white set in an Ikat pattern is one I especially like.  The colors, of course, are among my favorites, and I love the way the Ikat pattern has stripes inside stripes.  The hotfix Swarovski flatback crystals add a special sparkle, as do the bicone crystals on the earrings.


The next turquoise and aqua heart has a cool swirl that draws the eye into the center.  The Magic Gloss I used as a finish makes this piece look like lampwork. 













Below we have an oddly stretched-out heart shape in unusual colors.  When I found the little gold heart-shaped bails, there was no question where I would be using them.


And finally, here is a heart shape created from a blue lace agate cane I made.  The center is hollowed out to simulate the hollow center of a geode slice.  I used a product called Diamond glitter which is actually minute glass shards to make the center look like crystals were imbedded.  I also sprinkled some around on the surface to add more sparkle.  Unfortunately, the picture just doesn't do this piece justice.  The special glittery effect just didn't photograph well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment