Tuesday, April 30, 2019

New Ideas from Lindly


One of the workshops I took at Clayathon 2019 was called "Sagacious Shale",  taught by Lindly Haunani. Lindly is, to me, the queen of color.  I love the way she leads students through both her thought processes and the actual physical representation of those ideas.





Every time I take a workshop with her, I learn something new, and this class was no exception. Our resulting products were pin or pendant collages, in which the colors of the patterns we each used were in perfect harmony, even though there was great variation amongst the group.

One thing Lindly introduced which I had not seen her use before was to mix some white embossing powder into the white clay we used in various design sheets.  When the pieces were baked, the embossing powder suddenly appeared as little white dots - almost like snow flakes!

This posting shows some of the pins I made using Lindly's sheeting ideas and the white embossing powder.


No comments:

Post a Comment