Friday, September 20, 2019

Another Great Class with Helen!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, at Clayathon 2019 I had the opportunity to take a vessel making class from Helen Wyland-Malchow.  It was a really great class, and I learned to do something I've never tried before.  In that class, Helen wanted everyone to experience slab construction of shapes using polymer clay, and that's what I did.  However, she had some vessels she had made in a trapezoid shape with triangular bases. The shape just captivated me, and I really wanted to try it sometime.
When I found out that Helen was going to be offering the same workshop in Connecticut, I asked her if I could take the class again and do the trapezoid shape instead.  She agreed to let me do just that, and said she'd be glad to help me.  
I had a wonderful time.
The photos here are shots of the 2 sides of the vessel I made.  I'm really pleased with the decorated sheets I made, and with the way the shape turned out.  Even the top is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment