Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Playing with More Stripes

I've been having fun making striped canes and stacks, and using them in various shapes.  I particularly like the round, hollow pin/pendants I've been working on.  Here are some of my latest pieces using stripes.

The piece on the left has a gold-plated flower with zircon center adding some sparkle and interest.  Since the edge on this one is ruffled, I did not bring the backing up to the edge.  Some of the striping shows around the edges on the back.


This next pin has very subtle stripes which I think contrast nicely with the textured parts of the piece. Some of the inspiration for this pin comes from my workshop with Fabiola Perez.
Here is another hollow round pin/pendant.  I really love the way the colors blended and how the black and white edging gives the piece an unusual look.  
For these last 2 pieces, I used the same striped stack as the round at the beginning of this post. The necklace is strung with 4mm carnelian rounds and has gold-filled disks between each bead.  The earrings are a "just for fun" pair.  I was playing with some slices and this is what evolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment