Thursday, November 28, 2019

Texture & Glitz

One of the features of polymer clay is how well it adapts to texture.  As I mentioned in an eariier post, I have a new silicon rubber mat with a cross-hatch pattern that looks a great deal like a woven fabric. and I've been enjoying working with it. Here are a few more pieces I've made using the new texture.   I pressed embossing powder into the textured clay before cutting, then baked the pieces.  The embossing powder bonded well with the clay, so I did not put a finish on the pendants and pins, primarily due to the openings on many of these pieces and the flower charm sticking through.  I am also making earrings with the texture and the embossing powder.  I plan on using Magic Gloss on them to give the powder extra shine.






2 comments:

  1. I love that texture! Are you willing to tell me a bit more about the mat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Linda. Yes, it's a great texture! I bought it online through Etsy from GF ArtTools. It's their texture stamp #80. Definitely a great texture. Hope you enjoy using it as much as I have.

    ReplyDelete