Thursday, May 28, 2020

A New Cuff!

A few months ago, I purchased a bracelet cuff tutorial from Bettina Welker, an outstanding German polymer artist.  Among other things, Bettina is known for her clever hidden closures, clasps, and hinges.  I really like cuff bracelets, but usually they have to be slipped over a person's hand and then they may, or may not feel right on the wrist.  This new design allows you to create a more custom fit that does not have to slide over the hand.
Today, I'm sharing with you my first cuff using her tutorial.  Now that I know how she created the closure, I have plans to create more using my own designs and ideas.  Her tutorials are available on her website under the heading "Instructions"  :  https://bettinawelker.de/anleitungen/   Below are 3 photos.  One shows the cuff from the front, one from the back, and one shows part of the closure.







No comments:

Post a Comment