Monday, August 31, 2020

820 Polymer Challenge Week #4

It's the end of August, and we just held our last session of the 820 Polymer Challenge.  It was simply fascinating to see what people had developed.  The ideas, techniques, and concepts were as numerous and diverse as the individuals in the group.  We really had a good time.  It was an excellent incentive to think, dream, create - and share!  As a matter of fact, we enjoyed it so much that the group has decided to continue on, sharing whatever is our current exploration, and meeting in the Zoom room twice a month.  I'm looking forward to continuing our times together.  I know I'll continue to learn from others, and I like the push to stretch myself, too.

Even though we're continuing, it won't be the 820 (August, 2020) challenge anymore. We'll have a new name. :)

Here is the final piece I made for the 820 challenge. It is a pendant composed primarily of tubes.  The patterned tube is made from a mokume gane sheet. The thinnest tube is ridged. I envision attaching a chain to the two outside tubes to make a necklace.  Another option, suggested by one of the 820 participants, was that I could make it into a lariat with a ribbon or chain or rubber tubing extending all the way through the 2 end tubes. I think a hand-died silk ribbon would be especially perfect! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment