Sunday, March 19, 2023

Adding Mesh to Polymer Jewelry

Hello! As I mentioned in my last post, Julie Picarello also showed us how to add mesh to our jewelry pieces.
In this first photo to the left, you'll see two pendant pieces and a pair of earrings. The pendants have mesh added. In the piece on the top right, I added 2 pieces of copper mesh, and then backed the whole piece with the solid raspberry color that was used in the mokume gane slice. The piece at the bottom has aluminium mesh, and the backing had the space cut out so that light shined all the way through. Julie also showed us how to use various products to color the mesh, but I preferred to leave mine plain.
This second photo shows a differently colored mokume gane stack slice, with a copper mesh insert. The long piece on the left of the photo is something Julie calls a "lizard tail". I haven't decided just what I plan to do with this sort of piece, but they're a lot of fun to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment