Sunday, July 11, 2010

ACGOW ~ Artist's Cooperative Guild of Westerly

I've just come from the Artists' Cooperative in Westerly, Rhode Island. I was juried into membership in February, and have been enjoying learning about and experiencing a true cooperative. The members are such a varied and eclectic group - and all really committed to their art and making the cooperative work and grow. The members do everything - and I mean everything! We maintain and manage the gallery, run the business and social end of things, and work together to further awareness of and appreciation for the arts. We just had our largest annual fund raiser - a silent auction. It was my first experience with one, and I was pleased that 2 of my pieces were sold. They both represent new approaches for me. Thought you might like to see photos.

2 comments:

  1. Those are great! Is the top one PMC on polymer clay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - and thanks! Yes, the top one is PMC on polymer using the micha shift technique. In that way, the design on the PMC is reflected in the polymer. I'm just beginning to experiment with PMC and polymer - and having fun! Take care.

    ReplyDelete