Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dragonflies


One of the things I love about summer is the dragonflies. They come in such a myriad of colors and sizes, and flit from place to place with those wonderful iridescent wings. When they first appeared around here in June, I was watching one as it settled on a rock. And it hit me - I had to try making a dragonfly on a rock! So off I went to figure out how to make all the components - including a rock. Hadn't done that one before.....

Now, several pebbles and wing canes later, I've made a little dragonfly "collection." So far, most are with polymer, but I do have one with a PMC dragonfly, so I'll have to share that too. If anyone has other interpretations of dragonflies, especially resting on pebbles, I'd love to see them!

2 comments:

  1. Kristie,

    What a beautiful blog and how great to see your creations in the snapshots! Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dragonflies are a lot more delicate looking than mine! But you asked for pictures of any dragonflies you'd like to see them. Here a link to one I made for my sister using a leaf cane that I pulled into a longer wing shape.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrisonhollowdesigns/4223764517/

    ReplyDelete