Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cabin Fever Clay Festival

I'm back. Once again, CFCF was a marvelous experience. The six days were spent learning and sharing while we played with clay. One of the things I like the most is the people I meet. The creativity just seems to pour forth in class after class. The instructors were wonderful, and I came home with ideas and techniques that I have to work with soon! In the meantime, I thought I'd share some canes I made. One day, hopefully soon, you'll see them in completed pieces.
The first photo is of some marvelous Damascus Ladder canes that were the result of a full day of discussion and manipulation of color in a class taught by Lindly Haunani.







The second shot is of some canes I made in Sarah Shriver's class. These were used to cover large forms we shaped and carved by hand using Sculpey Ultra light clay.

2 comments:

  1. These canes are BEAUTIFUL Kristie! The Damascus Ladder canes remind me of Stained Glass Tiffany windows. Think you will ever teach a class on this technique?
    Terrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Terrie. Yes, they remind me of stained glass, too. I'd have to make sure Lindly approved a class, since this particular approach is hers. The typical Damascus Ladder is amazing in its own way, and would be a fun class, too. Take care,
    ~Kristie

    ReplyDelete