Friday, February 8, 2013

CFCF 2013 - Almost here!

Yes, it's February, and that means the Cabin Fever Clay Festival, known affectionately as CFCF, is right around the corner. I leave in 6 days, and am really looking forward to it!  Not only is it a wonderful conference, I'll get away from the snow outside.  Besides, playing with polymer all day for a week isn't hard to take!

One of the regular practices at CFCF is a bead swap.  Everyone who wants to participate makes several beads of their choice, and then these are swapped with other conference participants. Each year there is a different topic.  This year, Lindly Haunani, the queen of color, is being honored as a significant contributor to the field of the polymer arts. In her honor, the theme is "Love of Color."  Since I love leaves, they seemed a perfect form for this swap.  I used ikat canes for the surface decoration - in, naturally - all sorts of colors.  Here is a snapshot of part of the leaf pile.

Attendees also make a separate, special bead for Lindly, and these beads are presented to her at the conference party on the last evening.  I decided to make a lantern bead in one of my favorite ikat color combinations.  It's a fun bead, don't you think?


Since I'm working to get ready for the trip, there will probably not be as many blog entries for the month of February as there usually are.  In the meantime, use your imagination to picture a woods populated with trees festooned with these leaves.  Fun thoughts on a day when all I see outside is white.

No comments:

Post a Comment