Wednesday, August 27, 2014

New Ear Wires

Today I'd like to share a few photos demonstrating some new ear wire findings I just discovered.  I'm sure others have used something similar, but it was the first time I'd seen them.  These came from Fire Mountain Gems and are made of Argentium silver.  I really like Argentium silver because of both its strength and the fact that it remains tarnish-resistant for a long time.  Several new findings are coming on the market made from Argentium silver.

Findings play an important role in jewelry.  Sometimes, they work in the background, holding pieces together or serving as devices that allow wearability.  Other times, they are part and parcel of the design.  For the most part, I tend to use ear wires that allow my polymer pieces to dangle, and occasionally I'll use posts for the backs of earrings. These new Argentium wires seem to add to the design of the earrings.  They also change the way the earrings move, and I'm really pleased with the way these look when worn.




I think of these earrings as a sort of "button" design - simple rounds and ovals that showcase the polymer canes and designs I used.



2 comments:

  1. I love your designs Kristie, thank you for showing how a fairly simple cane can look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marion. Isn't amazing how "simple" really is sometimes the best.

      Delete