Thursday, August 23, 2018

Cuffs with "Labradorite"

The Southern Connecticut Polymer Clay Guild recently hosted our bi-annual conference, Clay Connection 2018.  While there, a polymer friend of mine, Laura Blakely, demonstrated her take on a technique to create the look of Labradorite stone in polymer clay.  I was really intrigued by the effects she achieved, and had to give it a try myself.  Well, I gave it a try, and then another try and now... I'm sort of hooked on how fun this process is, and how varied the looks can be.

Today, I'm going to show you how the sheets made with this process look in my regular brass bracelet cuffs.  I think the cuffs in the purples and the one in browns look most like stone.

By the way, if you're interested in giving this technique a try yourself, you can see an excellent tutorial by Ludmila Bakulina on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment