Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Golden Ruffles

 I haven't made one of my ruffled lei necklaces for a while.  The other day I was working with composite gold metal leaf, and had a bit left over.  I mixed the metal leaf into translucent clay and thought it would make a really great edging for a ruffle cane.  I also thought it would be fun to make some round beads to fit in between the ruffles, and decided to use some of the gold leaf translucent to decorate the round beads, too.  I made the necklace longer than usual, and around the neck it looks like a very elegant lei.
The close up photo gives a better indication of the round beads.  There is more shine than appears on t he screen, so you'll just have to use your imagination.  I really like the look of metal leaf inside translucent clay, and this necklace is a really lovely example of the special effect leaf can have.

No comments:

Post a Comment