Sunday, June 9, 2019

New Stroppel Canes

As I have mentioned, I've been working on lots of different pieces of jewelry for the June ACGOW show.  Not surprisingly, I also have accumulated a pile of "scrap" in a variety of colors and patterns.  What to do with it?... Why make a Stroppel cane, of course!  It's been quite a while since I've put one together, so I decided to make two, focusing on clay from a couple of different color ways.






Here are samples of some pieces made from the different canes.  Alice Stroppel originally used black clay between the color layers.  I find I also like other colors, particularly creams and whites. Interestingly enough, the design of these particular canes actually fit into the "Scenes from a passing Train" theme for the June show.

No comments:

Post a Comment