Friday, August 26, 2011

Shades of Gray - & some Black and White....

September is right around the corner, and the Westerly Cooperative's September show "Black, White, and Shades of Gray" will be set up this coming week. It's always fun to see the new show, and I'm particularly interested in seeing how many of the artists are able to come up with at least something that fits the month's theme.

As I showcased here a couple of posts ago, I had made some silk screened pieces in the theme's colors - and was very pleased with the results. I made one more silk screened piece - a bracelet - that's different from any others I've made before. Here's a snapshot:In thinking about other options in these color-ways, I remembered the dragon flies on polymer rocks that I made about a year ago....I decided to re-visit pebbles - the gray part of the theme just seemed to fit. What fun! For some reason, one of the pebbles begged for a silver snail, so I made one from PMC. I just love my little pebble set! They're so smooth, I can imagine rubbing them all day.

I also made a "granite" stone with silver leaf for sparkle and a genuine silver (PMC) leaf on the top!












Of course, I couldn't resist making a few of the triangle dangle earrings in these colors. Here are some of the results.



I'm not sure if you can see it, but the gray pair are made with a Skinner blend bull's eye - and the effect is subtle and lovely, I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment