Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Clay Playing in Circles



It may have been thinking about the CFCF workshop with Lindley Haunani that got me in a "circle" mood....I started with a Skinner blend or two, some circle cutters, and set out to see what would transpire.
Perhaps it's a result of the colors I had chosen for the blend, but my first pieces made me think of the circus, summer fairs, and fun!  The second blend, though more subdued in tone and hue, still made me smile.


Then I decided to try something a bit more three dimensional.  I was still on a circular theme, playing with the way circles could connect and interact.
I had started all the blends using Premo!  polymer.  It worked just fine for the first sets since they were flat and thick enough to be self-supporting.

However, when I started the 3-D pieces with Premo!, it just wasn't stiff enough.  I switched to Kato, and I've been very pleased with the results. These last two photos show my 3-D sets of circular clusters.  I think these will be fun to wear!

2 comments:

  1. such beautiful pieces, I love the first ones, so cheerful in this snow-drenched Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy,

      Thank you for your lovely comments. You're right about the first pieces - you can almost feel the sun shine through. :)

      Delete